Declarative Sentences Definition, 100 Declarative Sentence Examples
Remember the Declaration of Independence of the United States. What was it about? Why the founding fathers were in a need of this kind of statement? What was the thing that being declared?
There are facts that they crystal clear without any doubt or controversy. By the way, they don’t have to be scientific facts. You express any knowledge just using empirical evidence by a declarative sentence. Your name, your father’s name, the city you live in, the company you are working for, your nationality, the color of your house, the capital city of your country, the president governs your country, the object you use on daily basis.
Here are 100 English Slangs, Meanings and Example Sentences with Slangs
Have you heard about the ironic comic character, Mr. Observant Man? If you don’t know, let’s describe him to you. Imagine a superhero that only observes the emergencies but don’t do anything about it. Is he lazy? Of course not! His superpower is to observe the developments around him. Let’s clarify in a hypothetical situation. When our hero walks by the street, a robber runs with the money he stolen and an old woman who screams “help”. By the way, a dog barks, and grasses are green. What does our hero? Makes the following sentences. “Oh no! A robber is walking down the street. The old woman is screaming “help”. Look, a dog is barking. Hey! The grasses are green.” The job for the Mr. Observant Man is done here.
As we see, declarative sentences are used to declare any statement can easily be observable by all the people. Let’s give more examples to learn better the topic.
Examples for Declarative Sentence
- Dave Grohl is the frontman and the vocalist of Foo Fighters.
- There was no highlighter in her makeup.
- Fly Me to The Moon is a song written by Frank Sinatra.
- Washington DC is the capital city of the United States of America.
- Twitter is a social media platform.
- I have two feet.
- Sherlock Holmes is the fictional character of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Steve Harris plays bass guitar for Iron Maiden.
- My daughter’s cello is blue.
- My kitten is three months old.
- Max Payne is the main character of Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, and Max Payne 3.
- The big-tech stocks in NASDAQ had risen due to the election records.
- My cat was not in its cabinet.
- His bass guitar has five strings.
- The dog was bitten by its owner.
- The suspect was wearing a leather jacket, a black jean, a pair of black leather boots, a black t-shirt. Basically, she was the lady in black.
- Barney Stinson has more than 83 suits at his home.
- I was swimming in the Caribbean, and I saw ships like in the pirate movies.
- He told me his last wishes. According to the list, he had written, Carl takes his Impala, Martin takes his bass guitar, Lisa takes all the stocks of HTK Game Labs.
- The woman with long red hair was walking down the street.
- I love my cat.
- My new car is black.
- George brushes her teeth twice a day.
- We watched TV last night.
- She doesn’t study German on Saturday.
- The cat is sleeping on the couch.
- When he was young, his father died.
- I can speak English fluently.
- He loves hanging out with strangers.
- This is a frustrating book to no end.
- Baby wakes up if we make too much noise.
- He wanted to play football, but she wanted to play basketball.
- A man can not be comfortable without his own approval.
- He plays the trumpet, and she plays the trombone.
- I hope you can come tomorrow.
- Apart from Spanish, she also teaches math.
- She kissed her boyfriend again.
- They have a different background. Accordingly, we have the right to different futures.
- Alex likes Arya.
- He is a humble man.
- They should move on from here.
- China is the fastest growing economy.
- We like pizza.
- There are 5 apples on the table.
- She went to the park yesterday.