Using LESS and FEWER and Example Sentences
Table of Contents
Less is used when talking about things that are uncountable or have no plural. It is complatible with collective nouns, non-countable nouns and volumes.
- I earn less money than a policeman.
- Many of us maybe eat less sugar.
- I sleep less than my father.
Fewer is used when talking about things or people in the plural. It is used countable nouns and individual items.
- I bought fewer books this year.
- They’ve got fewer problems than they used to have.
- Now I’ve got fewer tasks than I used to have.