Uses Also, Because, Unless and Even if in English, Definition and Example Sentences
Because is used to show/give reason. It is followed by a complete sentence with its own subject and verb.
- The girl ran because she was afraid.
- I don’t like playing football because it’s very boring
- They should take your umbrella because it’s raining.
- I stayed there because of her illness.
Even if means whether or not. It is used to emphasize that something will still be true if another thing happens.
- You will go to that cinema even if they don’t allow you.
- I’m still going to go swimming in the sea even if it rains.
- Even if they invited me, I wouldn’t go there.
- Even if she come back i will not talk to her.
Unless means; except on the condition that. Unless needs a main clause to make a complete sentence.
- She will be sick unless she stops eating.
- Unless you are to tired let’s go for a walk at the park.
- Unless my son finish his homework, He can’t go out.
- Unless you come us to , I never invite you again.
Also is a conjunction, linking word. It is used to add an positive, agreeing thought. It is commonly used in writing.
- She also had a sense of responsibility about it.
- Apart from Spanish, she also teaches math.
- My mother also works very hard.
- It will also help to strengthen the city’s economy.