English Conditionals, If Clauses Type 1
We express events with type 1 (if clause) at the moment or in the future when a certain condition is met. Tenses that can be used as a basis are simple present (do / does) in the conditional sentence and simple future (will) in the basic sentence.
- If you work hard, you will win the prize.
- If you listen to me, you will understand what I mean.
- If you lend him some money, He may not give it back to you.
- If she doesn’t leave the house, everything will be bad.
- If you don’t go to the school, You will stay at home all day.
- If you do not win scholarship, your father will be very sad.
- If I have enough strawberries, I will bake a strawberry cake for you.
- If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, We will go on a picnic.
- If I go out, I can get something with me to eat.
- If the teachers have time, they should repeat the subjects.
- If my mother helps me, I may finish my homework on time.
- If I write a lot, I will be able to write quickly.